Cost: £35 course fee + £20 refundable deposit (two cheques payable to "GCNA")
Time: 10.00am - 4.00pm
Gloucestershire Netball is holding an Netball Europe C Award course in Gloucester/Cheltenham on Saturday 18th February.
This course is the first step on the pathway to becoming a qualified C Award-level umpire (i.e. to umpire in divisions 1-3 of the County League). It is the next level up from the Into Officiating Award (previously called the Beginner Award).
If you or an umpire you know is interested in taking the C Award then it is highly recommended that you/they attend this course, which is now an essential start to the umpiring award pathway.
Time: 10:00am - 4:00pm (WORKING LUNCH)
Netball South West is holding a B Award umpire course in Bristol on 4th December 2016.
If you or an umpire you know is interested in progressing from C to B Award then I highly recommend you/they attend this course, which is now an essential start to the B award pathway.
After you attend the course you will:
- Continue to develop rules knowledge and application in a more demanding game environment
- Apply the concept of advantage
- Understand and use recommended hand signals
- Expand on vision, positioning and movement skills
- Develop your game management skills
- Understand the umpire protocols
- Understand the requirements to progress along the officials pathway